Audits of Your Products and Services
Third party evaluations provide perspective for your business, identifying strengths and weaknesses not obvious to internal management. These are focused primarily mareting through your business web presence. These typically fall into one of these categories:
- Findability Audit to evaluate your search engine strategies and Web presence. Can customers find your products and services? Is your metadata optimized? Search engines and buyer behavior have changed significantly in the last two to three years. Has your business adapted to these changes? What is your visibility in the blogosphere and social media, the so-called Web 2.0 world?
- Competitive Audit to determine positioning of your products and services against competitors, both direct and indirect. How does your search engine marketing visibility compare to others? Are competitors using Web 2.0 technologies and social media more effectively than you are? There are a wealth of inexpensive services to monitor social media and the Web. Is your business utilizing them?
- Market Audit to determine new business opportunities using additional distribution channels. The Web has opened up new marketing partners and new technologies which can be leveraged to increase your revenue. Syndication and licensing deals can be expanded.
Customized Seminars and Workshops
Do you need someone who can explain search engine marketing and social media technologies in non-technical terms? Do you need to understand which emerging web technologies make sense for your business team to embrace? Are you using search engines effectively in your organization?
Jean Bedord is an educator, who enjoyed teaching face to face seminars / workshops in previous roles in the corporate world. More recently, she is part-time faculty in the distance education program at the San Jose State University School of Library and Information Sciences. Courses she teaches include "Online Searching" and "Information and Society". Public presentations include:
- "Building a Web Presence from Domain Name to Website", Workshop for Project Managers - Program Managers SIG, Cupertino, CA, May 26, 2009.
- "Can New Customers Find YOU?" Findability and Your Website", Mid-Peninsula Professional Alliance, Palo Alto, CA, February 17, 2009.
- "EBooks hit Critical Mass: Where Do Libraries Fit with Oprah?", Solo Librarians, Special Libraries Association, Mountain View, CA, January 22, 2009.
- "Web 2.0 Mashups Boot Camp", Invited speaker for Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) conference "Content Forum 2007: Building, Enabling and Selling Content", San Francisco, CA, April 17, 2007.
- "Search Workshop for Publishers: Findability and Search Basics", Invited speaker for Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) conference "Content Forum 2006: Tools, Tactics and Strategies for Success", San Francisco, CA, May 16, 2006.
Research Papers and Articles
Need an analyst to write bylined research? Jean has written on various aspects of web technologies for publishers, ebooks, and the online information industry. View her published articles and speaking engagements.
Syndicated reports currently available:
- "Taming Multiple Search Engines in Your Organization", Enterprise Search Sourcebook, Information Today, 2008, pp. 24-25.
- "Enterprise Search Deployment, Usage and Trends", Research report for Information Today/Shore Communications, March 2007.
- "Guide to eBook Buying Decisions for the Library", Shore Communications Report, March 12, 2004
- "The eBooks Marketplace: A New Evaluation", Shore Communications Report, October 13, 2003
Contact Jean Bedord:
email: jean AT EContentStrategies DOT com